Ten Canadians chasing tour cards in Stage I of LPGA Qualifying SchoolWritten by Golf Canada
Ten Canadians will be among the record 362 participants vying for their LPGA Tour card when the first stage of LPGA Tour Qualifying School takes place at Mission Hills Country Club in Rancho Mirage, Calif., from Aug. 24-27.
The format is 72-holes of stroke play with a cut after 54 holes. The Top-90 and ties from the week will advancing to the second stage of LPGA Qualifying at Plantation Golf & Country Club in Venice, Fla., from Oct. 16-22.
Canadians in the field
- Caroline Ciot, Brossard, Que.
- Selena Costabile, Thornhill, Ont.
- Josee Doyon, St-Georges, Que.
- Krista Fenniak, Fort McMurray, Alta.
- Karyn Lee Ping (a), Brampton, Ont.
- Muriel Mcintyre, Penticton, B.C.
- Jamie Oleksiew, Surrey, B.C.
- Sabrina Sapone, Montreal, Que.
- Vivian Tsui, Markham, Ont.
- Anna Young, Saskatoon, Sask.
The Final Stage of LPGA Qualifying School is Nov. 27 – Dec. 3 at LPGA International in Daytona Beach, Fla. The top 20 finishers at Final Stage of LPGA Qualifying School earn LPGA Tour membership.
Click here to view the full field.