Grey Goose World Par 3 Championship gets underway in BermudaWritten by PGA of Canada
The Grey Goose World Par 3 Championship begins tomorrow at the fabulous Fairmont Southampton Turtle Hill Golf Club in Bermuda.
This year’s 36-hole championship, which takes place March 2-3, sees a number of talented golfers from across the globe compete for the title and their share of the $50,000 (USD) purse.
“The field this year for the Grey Goose World Par 3 Championship is incredibly deep with many great players,” said Adam LeBrun, tournament director. “It would be almost impossible to pick a favourite because there are so many nice players. But the player who does come out on top will definitely have earned the championship.”
The field includes:
- Four-time PGA Tour winner, three-time American Ryder Cup member and a member of the PGA TOUR’s ’59 Club,’ Chip Beck
- Golf Channel analyst and WEB.COM winner, Charlie Rymer
- The PGA of Canada’s No. 3-ranked player, Billy Walsh
- Past champions Chris Ward and Daniel Augustus
- PGA Tour player, Omar Uresti
- Golf Digest’s Fashion Director, Marty Hackel
- Actor and comedian, Gerry Dee
- TSN Sports Centre anchors Natasha Staniszewski and Laura Diakun
- Best-selling author and award-winning musician, Jeremy Taggart
- Social media influencers McKenzie O’Connell, Ryan Rustand, Bradley Converse and Stephanie Gibri
For the full field and first-round tee times, click here.
Players in this year’s Grey Goose World Par 3 Championship also have an opportunity to win $1-million (USD). The competitors with the lowest gross scores in the professional, men’s amateur, men’s senior and women’s amateur divisions through the two championship rounds will qualify for the $1-Million Hole-in-One Shootout. One additional amateur qualifier will be determined by the closest-to-the-hole contest on the 18th hole during the final round of the championship.
As in previous years, the PGA of Canada and the Bermuda Tourism will continue as partners for this signature golf event in Bermuda, with WestJet and Travel Edge coming aboard as proud sponsors for 2018.
Past champions of the Grey Goose World Par 3 Championship include Bermudian Daniel Augustus, PGA Tour winner Nick Taylor, PGA of Canada member Ian Doig, American Jordan Mitchell, Mark Mouland of the European Senior Tour, Thomas Curtis, Rafael Becker and last year’s winner Chris Ward
In addition to the professionals in the championship, the field is rounded out by an impressive list of amateur golfers—from Bermuda, the United States, Canada and Europe—vying for titles in the men’s, women’s and senior amateur divisions.