Bernard, Yip and Hill advance at Web.com Tour Qualifying School
Three more Canadians advanced through the first stage of Web.com Tour Qualifying School on Friday at various locations across the United States, bringing the total to 11.
Team Canada Amateur Squad member Hugo Bernard fired a tournament-low 63 (-9) at the Dayton Valley Golf Club in Dayton, Nev., to finish the event tied for seventh. Bernard, a Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Que., product, was one of 22 to advance in Nevada.
Ryan Yip of Calgary finished T15 at 10 under par at Sun River Golf Club in St. George, Utah. Team Canada graduate Matt Hill of Brights Grove, Ont., finished T22 at 1 under par at The Breakers Rees Jones in West Palm Beach, Fla.
There are now 11 Canadians who have advanced to the second stage of qualifying:
- Ryan Yip (Calgary) – SunRiver Golf Club, St. George, Utah
- Matt Hill (Brights Grove, Ont.) – The Breakers Rees Jones, West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Hugo Bernard (Mont-Saint-Hilaire, Que.) – Dayton Valley Golf Club, Dayton, Nev.
- Jared du Toit (Kimberley, B.C.) – Southern Dunes Golf Course, Maricopa, Ariz.
- Seann Harlingten (Vancouver) – Southern Dunes Golf Course, Maricopa, Ariz.
- Stuart Macdonald (Vancouver) – Southern Dunes Golf Course, Maricopa, Ariz.
- Riley Wheeldon (Comox, B.C.) – Southern Dunes Golf Course, Maricopa, Ariz.
- Lucas Kim (Toronto, Ont.) – Arborlinks, Omaha, Neb.
- Stephane Dubois (Brantford, Ont.) – Arborlinks, Omaha, Neb.
- Derek Gillespie (Oshawa, Ont.) – Arborlinks, Omaha, Neb.
- Aaron Cockerill (Gunton, Man.) – The Crosby, San Diego, Calif.
The second stage of qualifying will run from Oct. 31 – Nov. 10 at various locations across the United States. The third and final stage will commence from Dec. 7-10 in Chandler, Ariz.